COMING OF AGE: DON'T MISS THE 18TH SA CHEESE FEST!
The South African Cheese Festival celebrates its 18th anniversary this year, taking place from Friday 26 - Sunday 28 April 2019 at Sandringham outside Stellenbosch.
To mark its value- for- money experience the organisers list 18 experiences that your ticket includes. Here’s a brief round-up of them all:
- The Cheese Emporium: The heart of the Festival where you can taste and buy the largest variety of cheeses under one roof.
- The Italian Experience: A new addition created in collaboration with Food Lover's Market. Stroll through their piazza and experience Italian hospitality and gastronomy in abundance.
- Taste it first: Many exhibitors utilise the SA Cheese Festival as a platform to launch new products and test the market .
- The Tasting Room: We marry cheese with wine, beer and every new trend. Listen and taste at no extra cost ... and experience interesting combinations presented by well-known foodies.
- ‘Raak ‘n bietjie rustig’ day: Friday, 26 April, a working day? Never! It's pay day after all – perfect for a leisurely day out. Watch out for ‘Raak ‘n bietjie rustig’ packages for groups and discover the festival at your own pace.
- Meet boutique cheese makers: Come and support entrepreneurs who, despite the drought, come from far and wide to introduce their unique handmade cheeses.
- Cape Made:: A fresh from the farm collection of alternative products such as olives, honey and rooibos to pick and choose ... with bargains directly from producers.
- The Cape Made Kitchen: Experience a taste of magic as chefs from the Private Hotel School pair cheese with bread and alternative products. As a bonus there is a free recipe book to take home!
- Making memories: It just gets better year after year! The SA Cheese Festival is a popular place to celebrate birthdays.
- Boutique is king: Support boutique producers while discovering and appreciating new taste experiences – from wine and beer to gin with honey, almond, buchu, strawberry or chai!
- The Ladismith Cheese Carving Competition: A daily highlight in Blossom's Gazebo – enter for free at the festival (entries are limited). Prove your creativity, carve a cheese and win great prizes!
- The Music Gazebo: Kick up your heels to the rhythm of popular local artists.
- The Milk Factory: Visit the friendly cows and goats at the Milk Factory and show the little ones where cheese comes from.
- The Gourmet Lane: Popular food stalls serve delicious dishes – with even more cheese!
- The Kiddies Corner: Hours of fun and entertainment for the children in a safe environment while parents relax.
- #SundayFamilyFunDay: Enjoy a true #SundayFunday with your whole family whilst some of the country's best cheeses and other boutique products are just a few steps away.
- The Connoisseurs Experience: There are only 100 tickets per day for this exclusive experience with shaded seating, a cheeseboard, bottle of wine and many extras
- Be safe: The SA Cheese Festival promotes the responsible use of alcohol. Make use of shuttle services and taxis for peace of mind.
The festival times are 10:00 - 18:00 daily
Sandringham is located next to the N1, Stellenbosch turn-off (exit 39), between Cape Town and Paarl.
Tickets cost R180 per person per day. Senior citizens pay R120 and children between 2 and 13 years R20. Tickets are available at Computicket. No tickets will be sold at the gates. The Connoisseurs’ Experience costs R950 per person (only persons over 18 years old) and is available from Claudine Wagner at email@example.com.